After a little investigation, I found out that the premise of the Liebster Awards (the full details of which are listed on The Global Aussie’s fab page, so make sure to read them here), is a means of giving bloggers with small readerships exposure, and welcoming them to the blogosphere. The rules of the award ask that you write a small post about your favourite blog, which I have done at the end of this post, write 10 random facts about yourself, answer 10 questions that my nominator gave me, nominate 5-10 new people and give them questions – so here goes!
10 random facts
- I have broken my collar bone, my knee, my nose and my wrist (twice) – classic dyspraxia.
- I absolutely love festivals, and have been to at least two every summer since I was 16.
- After graduating in June, I will be training to become an English teacher with Teach First!
- I absolutely love fashion, but only from ethical sources.
- I once won the prestigious ‘clubber of the week’ award from The Tab Cambridge, awarded to the person with the silliest public club photo, see the photo and the deets in this post.
- In my spare time, I work for the student mental health charity Student Minds Cambridge, as a communications officer!
- I’m currently coming off antidepressants, but my time on them has absolutely changed my life for the better, even if the withdrawal side effects make me feel like my brain is being electrocuted lol.
- I love dogs! And am the proud owner of an adorable scruffy Jack Russell named Reggie.
- I’m a vegetarian, slowly making the transition into veganism.
- My favourite food is artichoke! I’m a freak, I’m aware.
- Which countries have you visited and which was your favourite? Lots! I’ve been lucky enough to go inter railing twice, and have been all over the place with my family. I think my favourite place of all would be Slovenia (Ljubljana and Lake Bled specifically), because of the astonishing scenery, placidity, and cheapness!
- What would your desert island song be? What a difficult question! Probably Knee-Deep in The North Sea by the Portico Quartet – because its beautiful, and there are so many elements to pay attention to that it would take me a long time to get bored of it!
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Ezra. Coolest name ever in my opinion, and gender neutral, which is fun.
- What is your favourite book? The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- What is your favourite film character? The dog from Up!
- What is your biggest fear? Anything happening to my family, and sweetcorn.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve every been given? If you’re not living on the edge you’re taking up too much room.
- What is your earliest memory? The solar eclipse when I was 2 – this may be a constructed memory, but I’m pretty sure I remember being cold and being in a pram, and that we were at the eclipse.
- What is your favourite season? Why? Spring – The gentle lifting of winter, the small signs of light and colour filtering back into the world, the first opportunities to go outside without sleeves again, snowdrops, birds, days extending – I love it all. And next year, I won’t even have exams to revise for!
- Opera or musicals? Definitely musicals. I will always have a soft spot for Wicked ❤
This is where I get to spread the love! Do check out all the fabulous blogs below. I would like to nominate:
- The Great Ambini
- Thoughts of a Creatively Dyspraxic
- The Blog With More Than One Post
- The Feminist Woolf
- Jess of Earth
- Imogen Rowe
Here are your questions:
- What are you most proud of?
- Glass half empty or glass half full?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- In an ideal world, what job would you be doing?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite memory?
- Will you be making any New Years Resolutions? If so, whats the main one?
- Marmite: Love it or hate it?
A Favourite blog
Aaaaand finally, a little post about my favourite blog.
I have been a fan of Rosalind Jana’s fabulous, whimsical, beautiful blog for a very long time. I have followed Rosalind’s blog since she was around 18, and have seen it move from strength to strength. Her blog is mainly focused on fashion and photography, specifically focusing on vintage and charity shop finds. Interspersed between enchanting images of her clothing finds, she writes eloquent and imaginative articles relating to fashion, literature, politics and a number of other topics. Coming from the countryside like I do, Rosalind has reflected my love for everything pastoral, as well as the hustle of the city. She strikes a perfect balance between relevancy, nostalgia, whimsy and aesthetics, and for this reason she is my ultimate blog inspiration.
So there you have it! The Liebster awards. Thanks so much again to The Dyslexia Diaries for nominating me, and I look forward to seeing all the responses.